Website Rebel Interactive Group
Rethink, reconfigure, rebel.
Rebel Interactive Group is looking for a senior web developer with experience building dynamic, data-driven digital projects across a variety of platforms. We are a small, but rapidly growing digital marketing agency. The right developer for us is someone who can supplement our growing team in the maintenance and development of responsive websites, mobile apps, desktop applications and in-store kiosks.
We are looking for a developer with a desire to continue learning the progression of digital marketing concepts and emerging technology in order to find successful solutions for our varied clients. In this role you will be expected and given the opportunity to grow your proficiency of PHP development, CMS management, responsive website building, and much, much more. Multi-tasking responsibilities include working with internal teams and directly with clients to maintain existing websites, build new websites, set up hosting environments, troubleshoot email issues, and provide other types of basic technical support. The ability to be given a task and use the necessary tools to figure out how to accomplish it is a requirement. Conversely, the ability to work with team members and third parties to set up and implement tools provided by them is also a must.
Rebels are easy to work with (if we must say so ourselves), but we take our work, our clients, and our deadlines very seriously. We think creatively and strategically, so “working hours” don’t always fall under the typical 9-5 umbrella. Occasionally, creative and chronological flexibility are both required, but this position is primarily a work-from-home position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting internal and external development teams
- Providing maintenance for existing client websites
- Managing third party hosting environments
- Developing basic websites, primarily in WordPress
- Assisting in the technical QA of project launches
- Supporting the Rebel marketing team on internal digital projects
- Performing to high quality standards while understanding the importance of meeting client delivery deadlines
- Interfacing with clients to identify business requirements to draft Project Definitions, Technical Specifications and the appropriate Architecture
- Creating detailed technical and user documentation
- Defining development standards, determining best technology practices, build-vs.-buy decisions, and open-source applications
- Engaging in emerging technology research and development
- Five-plus years of experience in website/application development
- Proficiency in web services and use of open source frameworks
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Basic PHP knowledge
- Understanding of WordPress and/or Drupal development
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Understanding of in SQL Server, MySQL, and relational data models in context of web integration
- Understanding of basic FTP functions and setting up accounts in a CPanel
- Understanding of domain and hosting functions to create, transfer and troubleshoot accounts
- Knowledge of setting up/importing/exporting databases for CMS setups and transfers
Experience with the following is a plus:
- CRM and/or e-commerce platforms